DESTINATION TRAVEL COMPANIES FOR 2014
Ranking based on companies’ insider knowledge, local connections, and expertise in providing the most authentic travel experiences
LA JOLLA, CALIFORNIA, March 4, 2014 — www.AuthenticLuxuryTravel.net, the only travel web site dedicated solely to discovering the most authentic travel experiences around the world, has just named its top five destination travel companies for 2014. These travel planners will be awarded Authentic Luxury Travel’s “Best Destination Travel Company” badges for inclusion on their web sites.
What makes a company eligible for this special designation?
“These companies were all founded by and are currently under the direction of local travel experts who live in their specific destination. They have years of experience in the travel industry; they have personal relationships with the hotels, restaurants, guides, drivers and others who will interact with their clients; and they stay abreast of conditions in the region that may affect a traveler’s experience,” said Elizabeth Hansen, the editor of www.authenticluxurytravel.net
These companies also provide what Elizabeth defines as essential to the authentic luxury travel experience – an itinerary that is completely customized, interactive, and focused on connecting with the local culture.
“The companies we have chosen as the ‘best of’ for 2014 are fully immersed in the local culture, have strong “insider” connections and understand the travel experience at all levels. They can deliver what we consider the most authentic, that is, the most in-depth, connected and environmentally responsible travel experience possible.”
The top five list for 2014 includes:
- Patrick Ashworth, Founder and President of Ashworth Africa Luxury Tours & Safaris – “There are plenty of tour operators to chose from when considering a trip to southern and East Africa, but Patrick Ashworth is South African-born, and his bespoke itineraries reflect his insider knowledge and connections based on personal relationships. In addition to intimate safaris, Ashworth African plans family vacations, honeymoons, and trips that include Africa’s legendary long-distance trains.”
- Van Nguyen, Founder and President of Vietnam Alive
- Michael Kaye, founder and President of Costa Rica Expeditions
- Nina Fogelman, Founder and President of Ancient Summit (Peru)
- Jamshyd Sethna and Lucy Davison, Banyan Tours (India)
“Authentic luxury travelers don’t want to be on someone else’s schedule and they want real experiences not commercial ones. They also aren’t trying to spend the most money. Authentic Luxury Travel is about discovering a new culture by taking the time to touch it and taste it instead of staying apart and above it all,” says Elizabeth. “These travel planners represent these values to perfection.”